Friday, December 11, 2009

Cosmetic Beauty: Is it an Enhancer OR an Illusion?

Cosmetic beauty holds a very powerful throne in our society. It rules male fantasies and cause female nightmares. Many women endure pain and spend a lot of money and time to attain it.





Is it an enhancement to one's natural beauty or is it a cleverly marketed illusion to mask the trueself?Cosmetic Beauty: Is it an Enhancer OR an Illusion?
what do you mean by ';cosmetic beauty';?





Any who, I'll just try to cover the main ones:P





Make up: If done properly, it enhances(a little concealer, some blush, a little lipstick/gloss), if not, it masks and hides what is under it.





Clothes: Bras with little to no padding are enhancers, bras with a lot of padding are illusions. Some ';shapewear'; enhances(light control panels and padding), while some are illusions(heavy control panels and padding, shaping corsets). Some jeans even have the shapewear built right in them.





Surgery: Some surgeries can be for enhancement(tummy tucks, lipo, some nose jobs, boob lifts, skin tightening), but some are illusions(breast augmentations, butt augmentations, pectoral augmentations, cheek and chin implants, and some nose jobs).Cosmetic Beauty: Is it an Enhancer OR an Illusion?
You're welcome:) And thank you for Best Answer:) Report Abuse

My Dear Sister, cosmetic beauty will be an illusion only when the women is not a good human being and pretends to be one. The cosmetic beauty will be an enhancer when the woman is also a good human being. Beauty is skin deep. A beautiful skin can wrinkle but not a beautiful soul.
If you mean wearing makeup by “cosmetic beauty”, then there’s nothing wrong with wearing it. I wear it because I like the way I look with makeup. I don’t do it for anyone else but myself.





And at my age, makeup is a GOOD thing.
It really depends on the woman and her level of confidence and security with herself.





Beautiful is beautiful. Period. It doesn't need enhancement. However, there is enough insecurity and pressure on BOTH men and women to fit the ';Barbie %26amp; Ken'; stereotype.





Insecurity is the reason there is so much money spent on cosmetics and cosmetic surgery. Somehow people seem to think that if they fit this image they have of beautiful perfection in their head, it will straighten out the rest of what might be dysfunctional in their lives.





It's not just women. Men are under just as much pressure. Hence all the hair growth treatments, ED medications, and ';enlargement'; options.
Michael Jackson is the perfect answer to this question. Think Michael Jackson...





Thats it
Good question. It is, IMHO, a way to mask ones true self. For me, and I realise I am in the minority, but I dislike make-up on women. If you must wear it a little goes a long way. In fact, the more make-up one wears the less attractive I find them. This also holds true for the time spent on hair everyday. Of course the two usually go together.





When I see a woman who has gone grey and done nothing to hide it I see a very sexy woman. I guess it comes down to what I find most alluring about a women is one who is comfortable with who she is and is not worried about trying to conform to advertising and societal pressures to be someone she is not.
Nothing wrong with it in my mind, you would be amazed how much this helps one's ego.
to me it's an enhancement. i'm comfortable either way, with or without.
*sigh*





If you take it way too far and use it like a mask, then yeah, it's a problem.





In my case, I'm too lazy for make-up but the couple times I've worn it, I've thought it looked good. Made my eyes stand out more or something.





Ancient Egyptians of both sexes wore make-up.
  • windows media player
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    skin disease