Friday, December 11, 2009

Asian & Hispanic Women: Do you ever get tired of the lack of representation in the beauty/cosmetic world?

I was looking through a beauty magazine and it dawned on me. There were no hispanic or asian women. The world isnt just black and white.





Do you feel the same?Asian %26amp; Hispanic Women: Do you ever get tired of the lack of representation in the beauty/cosmetic world?
YES - I know my Hispanic wife does!!! and JLo is her hero forever, whatever she does!!Asian %26amp; Hispanic Women: Do you ever get tired of the lack of representation in the beauty/cosmetic world?
Where I live it seems that all the women featured on billboards and print adds are overly represented by the minoriities including blacks hispanics and asians. It amazes me that the population is mostly caucasion but we are so under reresented relatively.
Sometimes I feel that way, but lately I've noticed more Hispanic representation such as Eva Longoria and Jennifer Lopez...... as far as Asian representation- there still needs to be way more representation.
I don't specifically read womens magazines,but asians and latinas are well represented in advertising of beauty products in general...I notice because I find them attractive...
Well I agree that asians need more (a hell of a lot more) representation in not only the cosmetic industry but as far as dolls for little girls, models, etc. However, I see many hispanic women in cover girl commercials, and other cosmetic campaigns.
In asia we are well represented. It just makes sense for a society in which the numbers of white people is largest and where they are economically and politically the dominant group, to have more white faces in advertising.





It dosen't bother me!
yes. i've always envied those latin americos
Totally! What's up with that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disease